Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Work and such

Occasionally, when my mom is watching Kawika, she takes pictures and e-mails them to me.  I love it, since I get to see what he's up to while I'm working.  The other day she sent me two pictures of him wearing a hat that she'd just purchased.  Apparently she thought his little dome was much bigger than it is, because it's quite large on him.

Mah hat is too big!
 Which is, of course, hilarious.  =)

And it's not funny!
But not to Kawika, apparently.

I'm going back to a full-time-in-the-office schedule next week, but my mom recently informed that she only feels comfortable watching Kawika three days a week.  I understand her limitations and certainly don't want to overtax her, but this puts me in the position of having to find someone to take him for the other 2 days, and on short notice.

Perhaps I can transition to working from home 1 day per week for now.  I will have to be back in the office full time at some point, but it's pretty awful timing to do that right now.  We are still living on the opposite side of the world so I have that crazy-long commute to deal with.  I was going to ask to extend the length of time that I'm only in the office 3x/wk but the admin is taking a 2-week vacation starting Monday, so I will likely be asked to pick up her duties while she is out, which means being at the office full time.  Bummer!!

The house we are moving into in a couple of weeks is very close to my mom's (which was kind of the point) but further from the other two or three people I might ask to watch Kawika.  I guess no matter which way you slice it, I'll be doing quite a bit of driving.  The only difference is whether I'm doing the crazy commute 5 days/wk or only 2.

 I'm so excited to move!!! I have a few more details to hash out monetarily, but thanks to my wonderful family and friends, we're actually going ahead with it and I'm PSYCHED.  I get a PANTRY!!  =D

No comments:

Post a Comment