Tuesday, August 16, 2011

We got the keys!

Yay, we got the keys to our new place yesterday!! We did a walk through with the property manager to note down any items that were in less-than-perfect condition.  A few doors were damaged, a sink leaked, the oven display doesn't work, and there are some burnt spots in the family room carpet.  Overall, though, it's in pretty good condition for its age.  Besides, I understand the owner not wanting to replace everything all the time; it's a rental!  Rentals get damaged!  Hopefully after we're there for a while he'll be willing to make some upgrades.  The sink is getting fixed ASAP though.  I don't do leaks.  They cause so many other problems.

I wish I had a Dyson vacuum. That place could use another vacuuming before we start putting furniture down, but my vacuum is nearing the end of its lifespan and I'm less than confident in its ability to suck up everything I'd like sucked up.  Kawika is near the floor an awful lot and I'm getting all weird about exposing him to things.  He's not close to crawling yet, but I'm already thinking about bumpers for the fireplace and how to avoid falls now that we have a sunken living room... 

Ooh, there's so much to DO!  I'm getting really excited thinking about it.  I wish I could fast-forward to being all moved in though, because I totally hate the process of moving.  SO not looking forward to that.


No comments:

Post a Comment