Monday, August 1, 2011

Lately

So a few things have been happening lately that I feel I want to talk about.

For one, we're getting ready to move into a new house.
Look, there it is!

I'm more than a little freaked out by the whole thing.  We don't really have the money to be moving; it's an expensive endeavor!  There are deposits and fees to pay, rent on two places at the same time (no matter how good a mover you are there will be some overlap!), you have to pay for a U-Haul and a professional carpet cleaning... plus the physical exertion of it all.  I'm still all fat and gross from my 9 months as an incubating machine (curse you, belly!) which means I get tired faster, and I still don't get to sleep through the night, like, ever, so I'm perpetually tired and half-asleep anyway.

Ooh, a fireplace

Worries about money and moving aside, I'm actually very excited.



Another thing that's happening is that my job has changed.  I'm no longer the reception/admin I was before maternity leave.  I am now... well... I'm not sure what my title is anymore.  We haven't actually gotten that nailed down yet.  It's time for my annual review and they kind of created a position that I'm now filling (it was needed!) so the technicalities of it, like my title, are all new.  Supposedly I will find out this week after my boss catches up.  She just enjoyed a week in Hawaii, and looks fabulous for it. It sucks that vacations are always somewhat negated by the stress of coming back to a huge workload.  I guess that's what happens when you're important!

Other things of note:  It's gorgeous outside, Kawika had his first shower the other day, and my grandparents just celebrated their 50th anniversary.

Yesterday was great; I went to Chris's cousins house.  His cousin wasn't there, but his wifey Corinna was, and we're pretty friendly.  I brought Kawika and we hung out in the back yard with her daughter McKenzie (12).   Kanoa (2) came out to play after he woke up from his nap.  It was nice! I got a little sun, and Corinna and Kenz got their tan on.  Wika sat in a little stroller in the shade and we set up a blanket on the grass where he could lay propped on a Boppy and stare at the trees blowing in the breeze.  He loves that!  Something about the light on the leaves and the way the wind moves them just captivates him.


And here's a short video of Kawika playing on a play mat that Corinna gave to us.  I guess I underestimated how cool he would think it was so I didn't buy one.  But apparently it's awesome.  He just lays there and kicks at the little creature that has a tinkly bell in it and talks and shouts and smiles... it's freaking adorable.
Thanks Corinna!

No comments:

Post a Comment