Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Out with the old...

Well, we did it.  We moved everything out of our old place and into our new one.  About half of it is still unsorted in the garage, but it's there.  We couldn't move everything in right away because the carpets got shampooed the day after we did the bulk of the moving.  My MIL (the property manager- how handy is that?) helped us move and decided the carpets needed cleaning again so she called it in.  After they were all dry (which took a day) we started moving things in.  Kawika's room is all set up, and it's the only one in the house that's fully put together.  Priorities, people!

Cute baby, ugly couch!


The kitchen is coming together, too.  And we finally got the couch into the family room last night, but the living room is a disaster, and the dining table is still in pieces.  I feel pressured to get it all done, but it's so freaking HOT in the evenings that by the time I've sat in traffic, in my hot car, in the sun, on the blistering freeway for an hour, picked up the baby, and made it home, all I want is a cold shower and to stand naked in front of the window A/C unit (which I may or may not have done last night).

The carpet has been replaced in the 2 smaller rooms, which means Kawika has new carpet in his room and I'm pretty happy about that.  The other room.... I'm not sure what we're doing with it yet. Sleeping in it for now, until we get the rest of the furniture into the master bedroom.  We've got to move the dressers into the master bedroom before we can put the bed up, and I have to find the hangers before I can get all the clothes un-bagged and hung up, and I'm not sure where most of the towels or blankets are, but they'll have to go into the linen closet which means the light bulbs and extra curtains that were stored there will have to find a new home... how did I end up with this much STUFF?!


Well, whatever.  We're moved out of the old place, into the new place, and we're making slow progress every day.  I think this weekend we'll finally get to catch our collective breaths for a minute, relax, enjoy our new space, and get really settled in.  At least, that's what I'm hoping for!  I've felt a little like a zombie since last weekend and I think I need some extra sleep.

Yep, pretty much.


No comments:

Post a Comment