Monday, June 4, 2012

Little Dude

I've nicknamed this baby Little Dude.  Since Chris and I are still on the fence with names, I've assigned a nickname so that I'm not constantly saying "baby" when talking about him.  It's not really confusing, since I never called Kawika by that nickname (I don't think) and I usually use K's name when talking about him.  Although sometimes I DO call Kawika "baby" so that could get confusing pretty quickly.  Whatever, they're both babies!  Don't mind the 13-month old toddling around, eating a banana, and making car motor noises while pushing his Tonka truck across the floor!

Anyway, we had another ultrasound this morning.  As Little Dude was only 18 weeks at our official anatomy scan, he was still on the small side for getting good pictures, and we had the worst ultrasound tech ever.  So we had to go back for more pictures.  Also, my doctor wanted to keep an eye on my cervix (not literally, because EW) so they checked that too.  Fun fact:  my cervix is holding strong and not funneling, even with pressure.  I sense another delivery date that is a week past my due date.

They got the shots they needed to confirm everything is healthy and developing normally, and informed me that he is laying "variable transverse" which means "mostly sideways with his head toward your right side but he was rolling around too so maybe sometimes he changes and we don't really know."  Either way, whatever, just put your head down before too long, dude, cuz... momma don't want no c-section. Also, they didn't TELL me that he's on the small side, but I Know How To Read Good, and when the technician was taking measurements of Little Dude's head, abdomen, and leg bones, the averages were all coming up a week behind our actual gestational age.  I had a feeling he would be smaller than Kawika, so we'll see if that hunch plays out in, oh, 4 months?  (OMG 4 MONTHS I NEED TO GO SHOPPING FOR BABY THINGS AND ORGANIZE THE CLOSETS AND MOVE THE DRESSERS AND GET THE PACK AND PLAY BACK FROM MY MOM'S HOUSE AND-) *gasp*  Easy, girl, easy!!!

Stupid important doctor business and nesting frenzy aside, they also got some good 3-d shots of Little Dude's face.  Here, look!  Creepy alien baby!

The Gun Show

Or, doing "The Tebow"
Cool, huh?  Technology, man, I tell you what.

I think he knows I'm talking about him, because he's currently in there raising all kind of hell.  "What is this bladder doing here?! SAMURAI KICK!!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment