Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Directions


Kawika is going forward.  He's walking like he's been doing it all his life instead of just a week or two.  He stops mid-stride to change directions, laughing at the person (usually me) he HAD been heading toward as their face changes from excitement to "Hey, where are you going? I wanted to chew on your cheeks!"  He walks in tight little circles, then laughs when he gets dizzy and falls down.  He walks backward, looking over his shoulder and giggling at his ingenuity. 

He's also given up bottles, cut another molar, and learned to pet the dog nicely.  I'm sure Wonton appreciates that last one more than daddy and I do, but it's still pretty exciting.  He loves the lawnmower and will shriek and toddle to it as fast as his little legs will carry him, then grab on to the handle and make a "Bbvbbvbbbv" noise with his lips to imitate the sound of the motor while grinning at me.  He knows the word "up" and says it when he wants to be held, but also when he picks himself up off the floor.  He's become a much better sleeper, and rarely wakes at night needing comforting. 

I wish I had better quality video to share, but I don't, so this will have to do for now.  Look at this BS, capturing my child's precious memories on a shitty cell phone... UGH. 

Yes, I have a neat little camcorder.  Yes, I have a new(ish) digital camera that has a video mode.  No, I don't use them because my phone is always nearby and those things never are and I suck.


No comments:

Post a Comment