Friday, March 16, 2012

Bumpy

In rereading my little old blog here I realize how much my photos play a part in my entries, and how crappy half of them are.  Seriously, crappy.  I recently got a new camera (two, in fact) and plan to use the everloving shit out of them documenting both Kawika's growth and my own, plus K's first birthday party in April (SO MUCH STRESS ABOUT THIS), summer fun with family, all the camping we're going to do (SO excited for that) AND all of the baby bump madness to come.

Speaking of baby bumps, I started taking pictures at 12 weeks when I was pregnant with K because that's when I started showing.  At only 10w5d I already look similar to my 20w shoot last time around.  I know, I know, "You show sooner with your second!"   Whatever.  I'm just waiting for the first time someone asks me how far along I am because I'm anticipating something along the lines of "Only __ weeks?? Wow... Get ready for a 10 pounder there, mom!"  At which point I will utilize every ounce of self control I have (which is NOT MUCH on a normal day, let alone while pregnant/wildly hormonal) to not throw a handful of Cheerios in their face. 

Also speaking of bumps, C asked me last night when I was going to start taking pictures because I haven't yet and I'm "already showing."  Thanks, babe.  I'm aware of what my belly looks like, but that's cool.  I'm sure you don't realize that that's probably WHY I haven't started taking them yet.  I think they won't look nearly as cute this time around.  Am slightly dreading the photos.  Fear.

So, NOT speaking of baby bumps but of other things (haha, still baby related) I'm still totally freaking out about the spectacle that will be K's first birthday party.  Hawaiians do it big, man, but I'm no Hawaiian.  Don't get me wrong, I love it.  The culture, the sense of family, the... pretty tropical colors... It's cool!  Really!  But do we have to invite everyone?  Like everyone ever?  I'm not so sure I can handle 50 people at my house.  The house is not even that big!! And we can have people outside, but what if it rains?  This IS the pacific northwest, you know.  And so much food!  And how will we set up drinks?  And I don't have that many tables or chairs!  And what about decorations?  And, and... **brain overload**

Deep breath.  Lucky for me, C seems to have a handle on the food portion, so Imma let him handle that shiz.  I can figure out decorations (oooh, tiki! and luau! and COLORS!).  And come on, what's hard about a cooler full of cans of soda and bottles of water?  BYOB.  I'll borrow tables and chairs from work.  Problems solved. Right?  I mean, I'll probably (definitely) come up with other stuff to freak the fuck out about as the date nears, but, hey!  We have a date!

36 days until First Birthday Madness.


OH! I almost forgot the new pictures with my cool camera!  Silly me.

Oh wait. No I didn't.  See last post.

BUT!  Camera phone pictures!  Shut up, it'll have to do.

Baby nerd

Hmmm, let me ponder that for a moment


No comments:

Post a Comment