Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Not announcing, too busy

We have not officially announced that we're expecting again. I mean, we told family, and a couple of friends, but I haven't done the Facebook reveal (I feel like this blog goes relatively unnoticed so I feel no compunctions about posting it here).  It's not that we're hiding it, by any means, but I'm not making a BFD about it, either. 

Don't get me wrong; I'm excited!  I'm happy!  I'm nervous.  But it will be great and we'll get through it and all that optimistic stuff.  And then we'll have two kids (OMG).  But, like I said, I'm not making as big a deal this time around.  Maybe it's because I'm much busier, already having a little guy running amok, and maybe it's because work is picking up again as we head into warmer weather.  I'm not sure why, but it seems like this pregnancy is going much faster.  I had originally intended to announce it at 12 weeks like the last one, after we got the first ultrasound pictures.  But then I forgot the pictures in the baby bag when I dropped C and K back off at home and headed to work and then I forgot the next morning because C had already put them on the fridge and then... here I am at 14 weeks like "Well, I'll just announce it when we know the sex."

I'm not planning on having a 2nd baby shower.  Our first one was so completely amazing, with a huge turnout and super generous family, that we're really not lacking anything.  The only things we could use are diapers, maybe a travel pack n play or co-sleeper, and clothing (if we have a girl).  We will need a toddler bed for K but probably not until around Christmas time.  We plan to have the new baby sleep in our room for the first few months like we did with K, then move K to a toddler bed, and put his crib in the baby's room.  He'll be about 20 months at that point, which sounds right.

If we have another boy, we definitely don't need clothes.  We have so many clothes.  Well, up until the 18 month size.  K's has always had a sizable wardrobe, thanks to hand-me-downs and friends and family who said "This was so cute I just HAD to get it for him!"  When I decided I needed to buy him something I always got a size or two bigger, since we had the most of the smaller sizes.  Now he has enough clothing to get him through the summer, but I'll definitely need to start stocking up on the warmer stuff in bigger sizes.  Now would be a good time to do that, I suppose, with all the summery stuff in season  :)   Smart shopper, over here!

Having kids born 18 months apart means that even if we do have a 2nd boy, the clothes that I have are all wrong for the season that a boy born in October will need.  So I'm still hoping for a girl  :)  Have you SEEN little girl swimsuits??

SO FREAKIN CUTE

Anyway.  I forgot where I was going with all of that.  Or maybe I said what I wanted to say.

In other news, K's first dentist appointment is this afternoon!!  We're going here; Vancouver Pediatric Dentistry.  Since we have new insurance, my old dentist is now out of network (SAD!).  So I found a new one for myself, very close to my house, yay!  And I found one for K.  I really wanted one that specialized in the pediatric part, since dentists are a dime a dozen.  This place has good reviews and from what I've read, they seem very nice.  Wholesome, even.  I'll let you know how it goes  :)

3 comments:

  1. Julie so excited for you! when do you find out the sx!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Adri! I'm super excited too. We find out May 7th; I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aaahh! how amazing!..i'm gonna call it ...GIRL :)

    ReplyDelete