Thursday, September 29, 2011

Out my mind...

I must be out of my mind, because I'm already wishing I could stop taking my bcp and let things happen.  The dominant, logical side of my brain is definitely winning the argument with the mushy, irresponsible side, though.  Thankfully.  There's absolutely no way we could afford kiddo #2 (yet).  I have to wait for my man-child of a life partner (sounds more grown-up than boyfriend, doesn't it?) to realize that he's 35, not 23, and start acting like it.  Who knows when or if that will happen, but I knew he was kind of dumb about that stuff going in and I did it anyway.  *shrug*  I made my choices, and I'm happy enough with where they've led me, so I'll hang around for a while longer.  A girl can dream, though.

Baby's been sick since Friday, which is very sad.  He caught it from Chris, which is worse, because Chris pretty much refused to touch Kawika the whole week prior because he didn't want to get him sick, and he ended up sick anyway.  Usually I'm the one that catches something and brings it home, but (so far) I've managed to avoid this one.  I'll just keep taking those vitamins and cross my fingers!  I wish K wasn't sick, though, it's so freaking SAD to hear a little baby with a chest cough.  He can't cough it out, you know, so it just SITS there and sounds all rattly and is hard to get rid of.  He doesn't seem to be too bothered by it though, since he's still eating and drinking pretty well, and napping OK.  We've had some issues with him waking up at night after he's only been down for an hour or two, but I'm sure he's coughing and waking himself up, then can't get comfy enough to fall back asleep.  The last 2 nights he's slept with me, and Chris has crashed on the couch.  Everyone seems to sleep better that way, though it's probably not the healthiest thing for mine and Chris's relationship.

Also, Kawika keeps playing like normal.  He loves his jumper, and he's just as curious as ever.

What the...?  I'm gonna get this thing!

Just me and my TP...
Doodlebug.

No comments:

Post a Comment