Tuesday, December 27, 2011

...And I'm not sorry!!

I'm not living very aloha today.  I let my temper get the best of me earlier today and lashed out on my Facebook.  I deleted 2/3 of my friends, wrote a strongly worded status message, and followed it up by posting exactly 1 "public" item on my profile: a warning to stay out of my business.  I'm not sorry for it.

I'm so sick of people PRETENDING to be my friend and then turning around and betraying my trust.  Either you're here for me, or you're not.  You're on my team, or you're not.  Pick one and stick with it, because from here on out, that's where you are.  No more changing, no more second chances.  If you have a problem with me, talk to ME about it.  I don't even know how many YEARS I've been saying that.  I feel like I'm in freaking high school again!  Only this time, it wasn't me who was fucking up.

It is a well-known adage that misery loves company.  I have come to fully believe it because of what I personally have seen. To those of you who need to hear it:

1.  I'm sorry that you're not happy with your husband, but don't get mad at me for trying to cock-block you that night.  I did it the only way I know how.  Thanks SO much for twisting it around to make ME look like the snake.  I guess I should have just let you fuck up then, seeing as you went and did it anyway after that.

2.  You have a drug problem and need to grow up.  Don't deflect when people are talking to you about why they're concerned; they say it because they love you, and getting defensive and pointing out their own shortcomings isn't a good way to ensure that they're still there for you when you fuck up next time.

3.  Repeat of number two.  The two of you are a real pair.

4.  I'm willing to bet that you've been in a similar situation to the one I'm dealing with now and that's why you act the way you act.  I still don't think that being secretive and blowing people off is polite (or how you should treat your family), but I'm beginning to understand why you do it (especially with your family).

5.  I think you need counseling and anti-depressants.  To start.


That's it.  I'm done for now.  I feel a little less angry but I'm suddenly very tired and very sad.  I'll try to post a more cheerful post-Christmas entry with photos next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment